Women Uplifting Women
Other Great Resources:
In Touch Ministries (New)
Would you like to contribute an uplifting story or an encouraging message? We would love to hear from you. Send your email to Contact@WomenUpliftingWomen.com
An awesome woman of God!
Are You A Worrier?
Everyone worries. Some of us worry more
than others. Worrying can rob you of your
well-being and health. My family has worry
down to an art-form. Unfortunately, this
“worry curse” has been passed down our
family line throughout the generations. We
can go from disaster to distress in a matter
of minutes. But I’m making a conscious effort to break this cycle. I hope you will join me on this journey.
Since I’m such an expert and could possibly be categorized as a professional worrier, I have implemented some tips to help break this all encompassing problem.
· Recognize the pattern of how your worries come about. Once you recognize the worry affecting you, make an effort to change how you approach it.
· Pray that God will give you a solution to the problem. Also ask Him to give you a peace of mind.
· Call up a trusted friend and share you burden. Ask her to pray for you.
· If a particular worry is caused by a problem that you have no way of changing, let it go. I remember when my daughter’s MP3 player was stolen out of her backpack. The deed was done and there was nothing I could do about it. Instead of letting it go and moving on, I worried and fussed. It was just a waste of time and energy to work myself up for something I could not change.
· Scripture about worrying reminds me that God is in control. I read these scripture over and over several time before going to bed. Here’s some of my favorites on worry:
Give all your worries to God, because he cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7
Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me.”
You, Lord, give true pace to those who depend on you, because they trust you. So trust the Lord always, because He is our Rock forever.
Worry only robs you of the present moment. If the worry starts nagging at you relentlessly through your day or night, pray that God will take the thoughts from you and replace it with His love and peace.
Visit our prayer page and let us pray for you. Worrying is just another way for the enemy to keep us from being the great women God had intended us to be.
Christian encouragement, inspiration to uplift women to be the kind of women God had intended.